Fender – possibly the most popular bass guitar manufacturer in the world – has recently announced the introduction of their new instrument, which is the Fender Limited Edition Lightweight Ash American Professional Jazz Bass. The line also has “lesser” brothers, i. e. two guitars: the Stratocaster and the Telecaster.
According to the manufacturer, the reduced weight of the instrument (no specific value given) is combined with most features of its American Professional counterpart. In the case of the Jazz Bass, it means a slim modern C-shaped neck profile, a rosewood fingerboard with 20 narrow-tall frets, and a pair of Michael Bump-designed V-Mod single coil Jazz Bass pickups. Additionally, there are aged white pickup covers and American Elite control knobs.
The Fender Lightweight Ash American Professional Jazz Bass is available in a Sienna Sunburst finish at a street price of USD 1,849.
- Manufacturer: Fender
- Model: Jazz Bass
- Color: Sienna Sunburst
- Finish: Gloss
- Body: Lightweight Ash
- Neck: Maple, slim C-shaped
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Strings: 4
- Scale: 34″ / 864 mm
- Frets: 20
- Fret size: Narrow Tall
- Nut size: 1.5″ / 38,1 mm
- Pickup set-up: 2 x single
- Pickups: V-Mod Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Controls: Volume 1 (Middle Pickup), Volume 2 (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Aged White Soft Touch Knobs
- Tuning machines: Fender Lightweight Vintage-Style Keys with Fluted Shafts
- Pickguard: Aged White Pearloid
- Hardware: Nickel, Chrome
- Bridge: HiMass™ Vintage